If anyone was to steal the show from the bride it would be the flower girl/s! They are just so adorable all dolled up in their pretty dresses and when they make their way down the aisle you just never know what could happen! Here are some lovely and different dresses to delight and inspire you!
Check out these cute flower girl and page boy outfits...
Can you remember the times you would go to a wedding and witness that look on the groom's face when he caught sight of his bride for the first time, heard that line in the vows that made everyone laugh or saw the bride wipe that small tear away as her groom pledged his undying love for her? "Of course" you say, "I notice those things at all the weddings I attend!" ...Or are you now sitting behind the lens of your latest camera, your smartphone or ipad trying to get a decent shot or two of the happy couple and unknowingly missing out on all those special moments? I too am guilty of this at special occasions and I don't think we truly realise what we're missing out on until we put all the technology aside and experience a wedding again as it's meant to be, intimate and free of distractions.
How many times have you had to look around someone who has stood up to get a photo, missed something while fiddling with your camera settings or waiting for your phone's camera to focus? How many of the professional photos that the Bride and Groom have invested in do you think are ruined in these instances? Exactly why many couples are saying "enough!" They are choosing to have an 'unplugged' wedding and are telling their guests to put the cameras and the phones aside. So is it for you?
Why should you consider having an unplugged wedding?
- Your guests can really 'be' at your wedding. Having all their focus engaged in the wedding will mean they are more connected and will actually enjoy it more.
- The clicks from camera's can also distract other guests who want to engage in the ceremony.
- The flash from other cameras can ruin the professional photographers image.
- Your photographer won't have to delete a bunch of images because there's guests in the way or because they are taking photos of a group of guests who are also taking photos!
- If you are having a videographer it can be even more important as it's harder to edit out all the camera clicks, flashes and bobbing heads.
- You can choose what photos your guests will be showing of you and your day.
What to do?
- Inform your guests- you can do this with your invitation or on your wedding website etc. You can also have a sign at the wedding (example below) explaining to your guests why this is important to you.
- It's probably a good idea to get your celebrant to reiterate this before your ceremony begins as part of their house rules.
- Share your professional photos. It's likely your guests are going to want an image or two of the big occasion and with all the social media sharing tools at your fingertips it's not hard to do so.
What to expect?
- Some guests may feel a little disappointed that they can't capture their own special image of your day.
- Your guests won't be able to upload a picture of your first kiss to their facebook page before it's even finished- or wait, is that a good thing?
A few examples...
"Hey, now... is that Uncle Bob?"
This could have been a lovely shot.
"I really wanted a photo of your ipad snap of my first dance! Thanks!"
"The mood lighting wasn't cheap but I think it really paid off."
| || |It's an exciting day for us!!!!!!!!!!!
We are now a proud member of The Wedding Associates an elite group of carefully selected wedding vendors- the best of the best in the industry. Check us out under the 'Stylists' section on the website along with other fabulous wedding vendors... www.theweddingassociates.co.nz
What are The Wedding Associates?
The Wedding Associates are an elite group of wedding professionals known for being the best at what they do in the industry. When choosing a vendor from The Wedding Associates you know you will be receiving only the highest standard of service and quality products.
How do I know the vendors are the best of the best?
This is not a wedding directory that any wedding vendor can advertise in, it is an invitation only group of vendors who have been sought out and invited because they are the best at what they do. Every vendor has been extensively researched and recommended by other wedding professionals so you know that they are in high regard within the industry. To find out more about the great vendors click here.
| || |
Other than being a directory of fantastic vendors; what else can The Wedding Associates offer today's bride?
The Wedding Associates offer a discount card like no other, not only can you use it on any and all vendors and save a minimum of $50 per vendor but by using it you can go in the draw to win a fantastic overseas tropical holiday with all the trimmings!
Last post we gave some great tips on how to shop for your wedding dress so we thought it only 'fitting' (que laugh) to talk about bridesmaids dresses next, in particular the different options you can choose, from traditional to trending.
The most common style of bridesmaids dresses is the uniform block colour look. It can be difficult to get a dress that suits many types of women but if your bridesmaids are of similar shape and height this can be a good option.
On trend at the moment, the mismatched look can be another really easy or hard one to pull off. The pictures above are a great example of how to pull off this look, the left, similar styles all in the same shade, the one to the right all in brights, similar style dresses in the same fabric and hair pieces to tie in all the colours.
Patterns & Prints
Becoming more popular is the pattern or prints look. This can make shopping both harder and easier, most bridesmaids dresses come in block colour however when looking at patterns and prints you have many more options at casual dress shops.
Maybe the next big trend? I love the pop of colour in the photo to the right and the white breaks it up perfectly- a great way to incorporate bright colours that aren't too full on.
Thanks for reading- please leave us a comment if you like our blog! Cya next week...
It's a nice day for a white wedding! This weeks inspiration board is pretty simple- good ol white. If ya like it or any of our other boards leave us a comment!